The marina has anchored the northeast side of Point Defiance Park since 1944, when it replaced the original boathouse pavilion of the early 1900’s.
The marina is proud to be a certified “Clean Marina” and a “5-Star EnviroStar”.
Certified clean marinas:
- Reduce and properly manage hazardous waste
- Conduct marina operations with the goal of protecting the environment
- Educate boaters on clean boating practices
- Demonstrate innovation and environmental leadership
Rich with history, the marina is the perfect getaway for fishermen and visitors alike. You can drop a line for salmon, lingcod or other bottom fish. Crabbing and squid jigging are also popular. If fishing is not in your plans, you can:
- Rent a boat and cruise the scenic waterways
- Watch local fishermen weigh and clean their prized catch
- Have a picnic on the waterfront
- Watch the ferry make its runs to Vashon Island
- Walk the promenade to Owen Beach where you can sit on driftwood and dig your toes into the sand.
…and if you’re lucky, you might see a bald eagle overhead or catch a glimpse of whales as they pass through the Sound.
- Boat/Fishing Classes
- Boat and Motor Rentals
- Bait, Tackle, and Gift Shop
- Ethanol-Free Fuel
- Dry Storage
- Public Boat Launch
- Fishing Derby
- Free Public Fishing Pier
- Guest Moorage
- Life Jacket Loaner Program